Sunday, October 16, 2016

Madison First United Methodist Church

The Congregaton was founded in 1807 and the first church erected in 1808 on a site that has been lost to time. In 1825 the State Legislature granted the church a lot where the Episcopal Church is. In 1844 their brick structure replaced the Methodist Church. A new red brick Methodist church as constructed at that time and was replaced by this Akron Style Structure in 1914.
Andy Sarge

No comments:

Post a Comment