Sunday, October 30, 2016
Midway United Methodist Church in Gillsville
Sometime before 1857 2 churches decided to merge and build a church Midway between them, hence the name. There is no recorded date of the merger but in 1857 a deed was granted for a cemetery and the plot for the church. In 1907 with the church in need of repairs, it was decided to take all the usable materials from the building and rebuild the church in Gillsville. The new building was dedicated in 1910 and there it remains today.