Sunday, November 20, 2016

Remains of New Savannah

This colonial cemetery c.1733 is all that remains of what was New Savannah which began as a Chickasaw settlement early 1700's located near the mouth of Butler Creek at the entrance to the New Savannah Bluff Lock and Dam. It was restored by the Local Society of Colonial Dames in 1935. There is a protected beehive within the cemetery. This is a link to the names of persons buried there.…/ceme…/newsav-arrnton.html.
Carol Temples Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment