Sunday, February 12, 2017

"Old Town" Conyers

Originally built in 1925, in 1961 it was purchased by George A. Owens (Rockdale County Fire Chief, Conyers City Councilman and Mayor of Conyers.) He was also co-owner of Walker-Owens Furniture Co., co-owner of Conyers Manufacturing Co., original co-owner of the Trading Center, and Director of the First Bank of Conyers. It changed hands to the Still Lumber Company in 1992. Now it is The Pointe Tavern. Note the great old Coke logo that remains after the one on the R/R track side was painted over years ago.
Stephanie Johnson Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment