Saturday, March 25, 2017

Hand Trading Company in Pelham

Opened in January 1916. Mr. J.L. Hand began construction in 1914 after being inspired by the Marshall Field Department Store in Chicago, IL. It has been called "The Largest Rural Department Store in the World". Although it closed in 1984, renovations are still underway, and The Atrium and Pelham Room can be reserved and used for special occasions.
Brenda Willis

No comments:

Post a Comment