Was built in Savannah prior to 1810. In 1820 the house was numbered and disassembled piece by piece, transported to Monticello and put back together. Originally built in the Federal Style. During the Civil War, the house was turned into a Greek Revival. It was named after Dr. David Reese a physician who came from Philadelphia by way of a few years in Elberton. He served in the State Senate and Congress and was a trustee of UGA.