Sunday, November 25, 2018

Johnson United Methodist Church in Oconee County

It was established in 1886, but it's pedigree goes back to 1863 when it was established as Bailey's Chapel a few miles away. Later, the name of the church was changed to Tigner's Chapel. In 1886, that church was discontinued and the members founded a new church on land sold to them by Mr. J.C. Johnson. The new church was dedicated in 1890 and the original building still stands although it has been renovated.
Andy Sarge

No comments:

Post a Comment