In the mid 1880's the trustees of Concord Methodist Church decided to relocate a few miles north to the new town. Not everyone wanted to go however as it would be too far. Some members south around Woodbury decided to start a new church and in 1885 land was deeded to build a new church. A Sunday School was opened on the current church site in an old warehouse. In 1888 the warehouse was torn down and the current church was built using some of the wood from the old Concord Church. Woodbury UMC is active today in the stately old building.