Circa 1855. This classic Greek Revival was built by Alexander Sidney Reid from 1855-1858. He was meticulous in that he spent 10 years accumulating materials and 3 years building. The foundation was allowed to settle for a year before construction started. The house has stood the test of time very well. Mr. Reid went on to serve in the Confederate Army and was at Lee's surrender at Appomattox.