The church originated with the creation of the Little River Circuit of the Methodist church in 1802. The first church was constructed on this site in 1840. After suspending services during the Civil War, the church was reconstituted in 1865. The original building was demolished and replaced in 1890. The present structure was built in 1994 after the second church was destroyed in a fire after a lightning strike. The final service was held on June 11, 2017, after which the church was permanently closed.