It was founded in 1787 in what is now Warren County Georgia. The original church was nearby and next to the creek, which was prone to flooding in moderate to heavy rains. At some point in the 1800's this church was built in a better location. Date's range from the mid 1840's to the early 1900's. The foundation of the main building is stone and according to a local, built "before the Civil War".