Monday, November 20, 2017

Filming of "Heaven's Fall"

In front of the little house at Rock Spring in Walker County.
This little house was built about 1902, around the same year the house that Phyllis and I live in was built. It was an office for Dr. Lawrence who also had an office in Menlo. After that is was rented through the years to different folks. It wasn't a post office or depot. The post office was across the street in Jack Bowman's store and the depot was just south of my yard on the west side of the road.
My little house was in the movie, Heaven's Fall, which came out in 2005. They filmed here in October 2004. The movie is a sad but true story about the Scottsboro Boys. You can google it. My little house is Paint Rock, Alabama where the posse stopped the train to arrest the 9 and transport them to Montgomery. The photos show the posse waiting on the train, the film crew, Phyllis and Megan, me and my co-stars, Elijah Kelley, Anthony Mackie, and B J Britt, and others. Megan got her hair done by a Hollywood hairdresser up at wardrobe at the Civic Center!
Rick Potts

No comments:

Post a Comment