This homeplace was known as the “English Place” by residents of Warren County in the early 20th century. The house resting on top of the hill was believed to have been built by William English (b. 10/20/1803) around the mid-19th century. Originally, the structure was a plantation plain style farmhouse. The Greek revival style columns were not added until the house was renovated in 1992.