Sunday, July 31, 2016

Kress in Brunswick


Across the street from the Ritz Theater posted below is this old Kress store in Downtown Historic Brunswick.  This is the 3rd old Kress store posted on this page. I loved the old dime stores. The smell of fresh popped corn and big cases of candies and hot nuts was out of this world! Oh, and don't forget the plate lunches at the lunch counter! It seemed like there was an abundance of sales ladies all asking "Can I help you?". It was actually kind of irritating but it's hard to find a sales person now days. The classic answer was "No, I'm just looking". I worked in a Kress once but not for long. I think my mother also worked in one during the holidays in Mobile, AL. I wish the younger folks today could experience dime store shopping! Do you have any dime store memories you'd like to share??
Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment