Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Moniac GA


I found this marker just inside our state line from Florida, in Moniac. The mound was down a dirt road but was gated. I talked with a guy coming out but they would not let me walk down to take a photo of it. We have 3 corners of GA, in another post here one guy gave us directions to the NW corner and another man gave us a link to the NE corner. Maybe somone will give us info on the SW corner. I plan on finding the 2 corners of the north, apparently Ellicott surveyed the whole state. Also a couple of miles from this marker was the "Cherokee of Georgia Tribal Grounds. I thought I was more in the middle of the Creek and Seminole Nations since the Cherokee were farther north. I did not have time to investigate further. If anyone has any history on it I would surely be interested.
Eddie Harwell

No comments:

Post a Comment